Kamehameha Schools Ka'iwakiloumoku Hawaiian Cultural Center
The portion of work completed by InSynergy Engineering, Inc. included the mechanical engineering design work for plumbing, ventilation, air conditioning, and fire protection.
The scope of work included the following:
- Provide plumbing to all new plumbing fixtures.
- Provide gas piping / LPG tank system to support the new kitchen.
- Provide storm drainage for open areas and area drains.
- Provide grease interceptor system to support the new kitchen space.
- Provide air conditioning for administrative, dining, classroom, and assembly utilizing chilled water from a central plant, or DX split / packaged air conditioning systems (to be determined based on further studies). The Kahua area will be an open area that will not be air conditioned.
- Provide 24/7 air conditioning for the new signal and telecomm rooms.
- Provide fire protection for the telecomm equipment rooms consisting of a gaseous or pre-action fire sprinkler system.
- Provide support ventilation for workshops and general ventilation for restrooms, and enclosed areas.
- Provide kitchen ventilation so support kitchen hoods and dishwashing equipment.
- Provide fire sprinklering if desired by the school.
Engineering design services included a field survey of the existing site to observe conditions; new water and sewer coordination with the prime contractor’s civil engineer; a preparation of the cost estimate; review of substitution requests during bidding, review of shop drawings and equipment submittals; and site visits during the Design, Construction, and Final Observation stages.