InSynergy Engineering, Inc. provided the mechanical engineering design work to expand the new library. Our scope of work included providing plumbing to all new plumbing fixtures; roof storm drains and area storm drains as required; central air conditioning consisting of a high efficiency chilled water system and C02 demand control ventilation; general ventilation for restrooms and outside air relief; and ensuring compliance with Hawaii High Performance School Guidelines.
Sustainable design features incorporated into the project include the following:
- Dual flush toilet and waterless urinals to reduce consumption of potable water
- Additional commissioning of mechanical systems to ensure all systems are operating per the design intent
- High efficiency air cooled chillers or air conditioning packaged systems to reduce energy consumption
- No CFS will be used in air conditioning equipment
- Ventilation rates and indoor air quality will comply with ASHRAE 62
We are also providing mechanical and fire protection engineering services to convert the existing library into a Classroom and Counseling Center. Our scope for this portion includes providing new sinks in the classrooms; replacing one water cooler and providing an additional new water cooler; and providing new air conditioning for the counseling area only.