Joan K. Mendel Elementary School Addition and Replace Yokota High School Facilities
YOKOTA AIR BASE, JAPAN
InSynergy Engineering, Inc. is providing the mechanical, electrical, and fire protection engineering design work for plumbing, ventilation, heating and air conditioning, fire protection, power, lighting, telecom/data, and fire alarm/mass notification for the new elementary school addition and the new high school facilities at Yokota Air Base. Our scope of work includes the following designs for both the Joan K. Mendel Elementary School addition and the Yokota High School facilities:
- Provide plumbing for the new building.
- Provide heating, ventilation and air conditioning for the new building.
- Provide heating connected to the base high temperature hot water system.
- Provide energy simulation modeling for LEED compliance and for EA Credit 1.
- Prepare and upload the required LEED documentation for the mechanical system enhancements and LEED prerequisites for USGBC/GBCI LEED Silver certification .
- Provide new electrical and telecom/data service to the new building.
- Provide new interior electrical power distribution for building.
- Provide new exterior and interior lighting and daylighting controls.
- Provide pathways for telecom/data from the main admin building to the new building .
- Provide additional conduits for CCTV, CATV, security and access systems if required.
- Prepare and upload the required LEED documentation for the electrical system enhancements and LEED prerequisites for USGBC/GBCI LEED Silver certification.
- Conduct a hydrant flow test to confirm the available pressure and flow.
- Provide a new fire sprinkler system for the new building.
- Provide and coordinate the locations for new fire extinguishers.
- Provide a new fire alarm/mass notification system for the building and connect to the main fire alarm panel for the campus.
We are also providing mechanical support for the emergency generator at Yokota High School, as well as a new emergency power system for the fire pump and life safety loads and a fire pump to provide water for the fire sprinkler system.