DODEA MILCON Project,
Replace Zukeran Elementary School
CAMP FOSTER, OKINAWA
Our portion of the work included the mechanical and electrical engineering design work for this Design-Bid-Build project to construct a new elementary school to replace the existing Zukeran Elementary School. The new school is designed to achieve LEED Silver.
Our scope of work includes the following:
- Provide ventilation and air conditioning for the new building.
- Provide energy simulation modeling for LEED compliance and for EA Credit 1.
- Prepare and upload the required LEED documentation for the mechanical system enhancements and LEED prerequisites for USGBC/GBCI LEED Silver certification.
- Provide new electrical and telecom/data service to the new building.
- Provide new interior electrical power distribution for building.
- Provide new exterior and interior lighting and daylighting controls.
- Provide pathways for telecom/data from the main admin building to the new admin building.
- Provide additional conduits for CCTV, CATV, security and access systems if required.
- Prepare and upload the required LEED documentation for the electrical system enhancements and LEED prerequisites for USGBC/GBCI LEED Silver certification.