We provided the mechancial and electrical engineering design work for the new middle school expansion at Kaimuki Middle School. Our scope of work included the following:
- Plumbing for the new building and renovation of the restroom in the main building.
- Ventilation for the restroom areas.
- Air conditioning for the classrooms and computer lab.
- Energy simulation modeling for LEED compliance and for EA Credit 1.
- LEED documentation for the mechanical and electrical system enhancements and LEED prerequisites.
- Fundamental commissioning.
- New interior electrical power distribution for the building with new electrical service.
- New interior lighting and daylighting controls.
- Pathways for telecom/data fromt he main building telecom/data room to the new building classroom and computer lab spaces.
- Modification and expansion of the fire alarm system for the new building.
- Additional conduits for CCTV, CATV, security and access systems.