We provided the mechanical engineering design work for plumbing, ventilation, air conditioning, and sprinkler protection for a new 88,496 sf elementary school campus.
Our scope of work included the following:
- Central air conditioning for the classrooms and admin/library wing using single packaged air-cooled ducted air conditioning units for the classrooms, and split system dx variable air volume units for the admin/library area.
- Separate dx AC systems for the telecom rooms.
- Exhaust ventilation for the restrooms, bathrooms, and janitor closets.
- Grease exhaust system with make-up air ventilation for the main cafeteria kitchen.
- Plumbing for the restrooms and kitchen, and janitor closets, and main cafeteria kitchen.
- New grease interceptor sized to accommodate the main cafeteria sanitary waste system.
- Gas distribution system for the water heaters and kitchen appliances.
- Complete fire sprinkler system for the classrooms and admin/library buildings.
Our engineering design services include:
- Coordination of air conditioning design with the acoustical consultant.
- New water and sewer coordination with the civil engineer.
- New electrical coordination/service with the electrical engineer.
In addition, we prepared a commissioning plan to monitor and document the commissioning phases, and assisted in a three week commissioning of the various systems.