KANEOHE MARINE CORPS BASE, HAWAII
We provided the mechanical, electrical, and fire protection engineering design work for the Design-Build portion for the Kaneohe Bachelor Enlisted Quarters. The new BEQ facility will be five stories and consist of 150 units and is designed to achieve a LEED Silver rating.
The mechanical scope of work includes providing the following:
- Plumbing to all plumbing fixtures including water closets, lavatories, sinks, showers, hose bibs, washing machine boxes, and electric water coolers.
- Air conditioning consisting of a single high efficiency screw or scroll chiller and dual cell cooling tower.
- Ventilation for all restrooms, the central plant mechanical room, and laundry dryers.
The electrical scope of work includes providing the following:
- New electrical primary underground service and underground duct lines for telephone, EMCS, and cable television (CATV) systems.
- New primary pad mounted switchgear and transformers for the new electrical service and chiller plant.
- New power, lighting, and telecom in the new BEQ buildings and mechanical chiller plant building.
- New power and lighting in the new pavilion buildings.
- New parking and walkway lighting.
The fire protection scope of work includes providing the following:
- Wet pipe fire sprinkler systems designed and installed to comply with UFC 3-600-01 and NFPA 13.
- Available water supply will be supplied by a new water main.
- Fire hydrants around the perimeter of the BEQ.
- Fire Department Access by a new fire lane paved with grasscrete in front of the building.
- Backflow prevention.
- Wet standpipe system in each stairwell per UFC-3-600-01 and NFPA 14.
- Addressable fire alarm system with a fire alarm panel and radio transmitter.
- Audible notification throughout all buildings, and single station smoke detectors in each residence.
Estimated Construction Cost: $60,000,000