We provided the mechanical and electrical engineering design work for the new bus transit facility at Alapai Street, consisting of a bus parking area, passenger shelters, and a bus transit building. Our scope of work included the following:
Joint Traffic Management System (JTMS):
- Coordinate site electrical requirements with the JTMC design team and provide spare ducts or infrastructure to support the JTMC building and prevent future re-work.
Alapai Transit Center:
- Plumbing for lavatories, urinal, and water closets in the restroom building.
- Remove and relocate existing utilities routed through the site and street lights as necessary.
- Coordinate site power requirements with HECO.
- Coordinate utilities with Hawaiian Telcom, HECO, and Oceanic Cable.
- Provide site lighting throughout the site.
- Provide receptacles, lighting, and power to mechanical equipment in the Bus Transit Building.
- Provide power and lighting at bus stop shelters and storage building.
- Coordinate utilities for the new parking structure.
- Coordinate site power requirement with HECO.
- Coordinate utilities with Hawaiian Telcom and Oceanic Cable.
- Coordinate infrastructure tie-in with the parking structure design team.